However, I have a good excuse! Namely, I've been quietly freaking out over the fact that I might not have a day job anymore. My city is facing "draconian" budget cuts. The library looks to be taking a huge hit, following the other huge hit we took 2 years ago.
I would love to tell you more, give you specifics, but I must be discreet. My city is very sensitive, and I live in a hire-at-will state. How much would it suck to not get laid off, but then get terminated for shooting my mouth off?
And I am really good at shooting my mouth off. So, as much as it galls me, I can't really say much. So as much as I want to have a big old-fashioned-breath holding hissyfit, I can't.
So, to distract myself, I am setting a new challenge.
My GoodReads "To Read" Shelf just spiked at over 150 books. That is a lot of books.
I will clear off this shelf by the end of 2012.
Here are the rules:
- I will attempt to read every book marked To Read on my GoodReads shelf by December 31, 2012.
- The 50 page rule still applies. If any book I pick up does not work for me in the first 50 pages, I reserve the right to abandon it.
- Audio books count.
- To choose what I read, I will set the sort to random, and read the first thing I can get a hold of.
- I will blog about each book.
- Only books added before March 17, 2012 are eligible for the challenge. I'm sure my "To Read" List will continue to grow, but I'm human, damn it.
To start, I will read The Girl of Fire and Thorns and Why We Broke Up.