Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wow -- It's been a while!

So -- I stopped posting here.

Why? Well, for one, my book!

That's right, I have a book coming out! Library Collections for Teens: Graphic Novels and Manga, by yours truly and my co-author, Kristin Fletcher-Spear.

I don't know exactly when it is coming out, but they want to start promoting it at ALA, and I've seen the preliminary cover design. So, it's almost a real live book that a real live author would write!

Also, it's summer. Now, to most, normal people, summer means kickin' back by the pool, reading books that aren't assigned, maybe a vacation or two.

Not for the teen librarian -- for us, summer means chaos, prizes, programming, unattended children, chaos, problem teens, summer reading lists, computer issues, and did I mention chaos?

I try to alleviate some of the stress by obsessive planning beforehand. It never works, but every year I try. However, neurotic prep-work cuts into blogging time.

And finally, my husband bought me Plants vs. Zombies. It would be rude not to play.

But now, I'm back, and you'll see more info from me regarding books, movies, crafts, websites and anything else that strikes my fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment